Maintaining a clean driving record may not be something you think about on a daily basis but it is certainly something most people would like to maintain. That's because violations on your driving record can add points to your record, increase insurance costs and even eventually cause you to lose your driving privileges.
Here are just some traffic violations that can lead to these consequences:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Careless or reckless driving
- Driving while intoxicated
- Failing to obey traffic signs or signals
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Driving a vehicle with expired registration
- Failing a state safety inspection (for commercial vehicles)
When you receive a traffic violation in North Carolina, you have three options from which to choose. You can:
- Pay the ticket immediately
- Challenge the ticket in court
- Do nothing and face potentially serious consequences
Though the third option is never advised, the first two options do have their pros and cons, especially the decision to pay a ticket right away. It's for this reason that you may want to seek help from an experienced criminal defense attorney when facing traffic violations.
Seeking Help From A Lawyer
Because traffic violations can have such a major impact on your life, it's important to seek counsel from a lawyer with experience handling traffic matters who also understands the justice system and how to protect your rights. At The Law Offices of Lyndon R. Helton, PLLC, attorney Chris Cordes has these features and is equipped to handle a variety of criminal cases, including defending individuals in traffic violation cases.
To seek his counsel, contact our law office located in Hickory by sending an email or by calling 828-848-8776 (toll free at 888-321-0494). We accept credit cards.