The Law Offices of Lyndon R. Helton, PLLC, is a North Carolina law firm dedicated to providing aggressive and effective representation to clients with a variety of family law concerns. We truly care about the people we serve, and we are here to help you obtain the best resolution possible for you and those you love.
Our skilled team has one mission: to be your strong and trustworthy advocate, taking the stress off your shoulders.
During an initial consultation, we take time to really get to know you and the issues surrounding your case so that we address all your questions and concerns. Our attorneys will explain the legal issues as they apply to your case, and advise you of your options and any consequences.
As one of our clients, you will be making the major decisions concerning how to proceed with your case, but we, as your attorneys, will equip you with the knowledge necessary to make informed decisions that will affect your family. When you retain us to represent you, you can count on having skilled attorneys in your corner who will champion your goals.
Our Family Law Practice
We handle all types of family law issues, including:
- Adoption proceedings — We can help you in your effort to become the legal parent of a stepchild, grandchild or other child.
- Alimony payments — This is one of two types of spousal support in North Carolina. If support is appropriate in your case, we will tirelessly fight to gain the financial security you deserve.
- Custody and visitation arrangements — Our attorneys are well aware of the lasting negative impact an absent parent has on a child's development and their adult life, which is why we help parents assert their parental rights for custody and visitation with their child.
- Relocation issues — We assist parents who need to relocate to another state or who need to contest a proposed relocation.
- Child support requests — We can guide parents through state guidelines for calculating support as well as help with enforcement of an order.
- Divorce proceedings — We assist clients with both contested and uncontested divorces.
- Domestic partnerships — While this area of law continues to evolve, we counsel individuals on their options and draft Domestic Partnership Agreements that lay out the responsibilities and obligations of each party.
- Domestic abuse and violence — If you are in danger, or if you have been wrongly accused of domestic violence, we can help.
- Parental rights — We counsel grandparents as well as fathers about their legal options in regard to custody and visitation.
- High-asset divorce — We assist high financial net worth clients with business valuations, dividing retirement benefits and tracing hidden assets.
- Mediation — Many issues can be resolved through cost-effective mediation.
- Modification of a court order — We handle requests to modify a court order when you or your child's circumstances change significantly.
- Paternity — Establishing paternity is an essential part of asserting parental rights in custody and child support matters.
- Prenuptial agreements — A prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can be an important financial protection in the event a relationship fails.
- Property division — We help divorcing individuals with debt division and other marital property concerns.
- Separation agreements — We draft contracts for our clients who are separated or for separating spouses in which the parties agree on responsibilities and obligations regarding issues of custody, visitation, support and property division.
Contact A Family Law Lawyer
To arrange an initial consultation about any family law matter, call The Law Offices of Lyndon R. Helton, PLLC, in Hickory at 828-848-8776 (toll free at 888-321-0494). Or, you can contact us by email today. $100 for a one hour consultation.